At AskAnna we release new features, changes and fixes once they are ready to deploy. On the Beta of AskAnna we always run the latest approved code, also if it does not have an official version number yet. From time to time we create a new version. In the release notes you will find AskAnna versions and everything we release to Beta that is not part of an official version. These non-version releases will be listed here with the date of deployment to Beta.
In these release notes we give updates about the AskAnna platform. Besides the platform, we also have the AskAnna Python project that contains the AskAnna CLI and Python SDK. Release notes for this project are available in the AskAnna Python changelog published on GitLab.com.
- Make it possible to config the image that should be used when running jobs for the project. This will make it possible to run almost any tool in AskAnna. Do you need R, C++, Julia, TensorFlow, or ...? With this feature we can support it!
- Via the web interface update the name and description of workspace, project and job.
11 June 2021
- Via the web interface you can now also change the information of a workspace, project and job
- Example: Run and compare multiple models
- Improved showing project code when there is a new version pushed. Before this release, you needed a workaround to load the latest code. Now, when you now click on the
CODEsection, we always load the latest version. In addition, on the code page you can also hoover the code SUUID to see the creation date of the code version.
- Aligned displaying images in code, result and artifact
- Only show the hamburger menu in the left upper corner when it is adding value
- For longer names, slice the name when displaying it in menus
- Fixed an issue that if we had two files with the same name, we only displayed the content of one of the files. Now we always display the content of the selected file.
- Switching between run pages now will always show the correct metrics
- When showing empty files, display the correct breadcrumb related to a file
- Fixed an issue that when loading files, we showed an empty file message. Now we show that Anna is loading data.
3 June 2021
- Upgrade PostgreSQL to version 12
askanna artifact add
askanna.ymlconfig: update reserved keys
- We now show in the run log that we push an artifact, also when the job fails
- Fixed that when you save a single file artifact, we use the correct path
- Give runs a name and add a description. Let's make it easy to find back what you did.
- Edit the name and description of a run. For example to update the desciption with relevant information for your team, after you reviewed the result of the run.
- Result of a Run now support images, CSV, Excel and PDF results. Also we switched to showing a preview of the result. Sometimes a result can be pretty big with the risk that your browser will crash if you try to open it. With the preview, you still get a good idea of the result. If you need the full result, you can download it.
- Set the time zone of the run environment, so you can run jobs with the time zone set to what you need.
- Validate time zone and show informative message. Before we push the code, we show an informative message in case you did not specify the time zone, and your system's local time zone is not
- If time zone used for the schedule is not equal to your local time zone, we show an informative icon that the schedule runs on another time zone. When you hoover a schedule, you can also see the time zone used.
- We accept
askanna-agentfor API requests. For example, this is used to add more detail to the trigger of a run. With the implementation of
askanna-agentyou can see if a run was triggered via the API, schedule, CLI, Python SDK or web interface.
- For schedules we changed the default value for minute and hour to
0. If a job is schedules at
day: 1, previously it was schedules to run every minute at the first day of the month. With this change it will run ones at the first day of the month at 12 AM.
- Show empty file an empty file message i.s.o. no data message
- Add navigation breadcrumb at run page to the code section
- Update run table view in the web interface. Added a column to show the name of a run. We now also show by who the run was triggered. And when you click on
metrics, the related section for that run will directly open.
- In API responses we fully removed the references to UUID. We now always use the SUUID (short UUID).
- We aligned how we handle object names and descriptions. We removed the
titlefield. When it's possible to set a name, we will use the
namefield. API responses will not contain the
titlefield anymore. In the AskAnna CLI & SDK version 0.9.0 we updated the dataclasses to be able to handle the new API responses.
- Make payload variables available without the prefix
PLV_. Check the updated documentation about Variables.
- On Safari you can now also open the log of a run i.s.o. getting a redirect to the sign-in page
- Fixed uncached error on a redirect for nonexisting workspace request
- Fixed error 'Navigation duplicated: redundant navigation to current location'
- Some small design spacing fixes
- Update regular expression to accept all officially known email formats
- Run page: all sections are now showing run name/SUUID in the page title
- Cancel edit Variable form, removed on validation error
- After creating a new project, show the correct page
- Fixed a bug in loading the code history page
- Accept global timezone setting in the
- Fixed the issue that when code with an invalid
askanna.ymlwas uploaded, that the project "crashed". When you now upload a project with an invalid
askanna.yml, we will not create or update the jobs. When you push the code using the CLI, we use the new validation function to prevent you pushing code with an invalid job config.
- Fixed issue that if no input payload is available for the run, the web interface keeps showing the loading icon. Now it will show an informative message that there is no input available for the run.
- Added schedules to trigger a job.
- Like track metrics, we also added track variables that you can use to track & get variables related to the run.
- Make it possible to change the name and a description of a job via the CLI, Python SDK and API. You can modify the job info via the CLI with:
askanna job change
- The AskAnna CLI now validates the
- Delete containers after 24 hours and make it configurable for the AskAnna admins.
- We added detection of run result file type. We will use this in a future update to show more output types.
- Fixed issue with definition of payload when setting up the requirements for a run.
- Improved look-and-feel for showing Jupyter Notebooks.
- We improved the performance of loading large results by introducing an option to get partial results via the API.
- For JSON results we introduce a pretty & raw view. Only for "smaller" run result we will use the pretty view.
- Track metrics: track relevant metrics related to your run and get tracked metadata of runs to analyze your runs.
- Added project info to the API response of job information.
- We now delete run containers after 72 hours. This was a week.
- Moved demo projects to GitLab.com
- The API main page now redirects to the AskAnna web interface.
- Changed the run page: if input, result, artifact, metric or log is not available, we now show a proper info message.
- Fixed issue on loading workspace people pages that did not stop loading.
- Fix for getting user profile avatar.
- Fix that for a directory we did not show the correct last modified date. After the fix, we show the last modified date of the file inside the directory.
- Fixed that we should only show packages that are successfully uploaded or pushed to AskAnna.
- Push and run: when you use the CLI to run a job, optionally you can now add the argument
--push. With a single command, you can now push the latest version of the code and run a job (
askanna run my_job --push). Thanks David for the tip.
- The AskAnna Python base images now also contain
- We made many improvements to make AskAnna faster. Especially loading projects with many runs has got a significant performance boost. A.o. we made use of limit/offset options on our API endpoints.
- In the web interface we added a reference to the AskAnna documentation.
- To improve search and maintenance for the AskAnna documentation, we switched to Material for MkDocs.
- We built step 1 to make it possible to define which image should be used for a run. We can now switch the image used for runs in AskAnna.
v0.3 - 28 January 2021
After the release of v0.2, we took some time to build many features to allow data scientists to do more themselves and make the platform run more stable. v0.3 is our official Beta version that everyone can sign up to try it out for free!
In this release we build:
- Manage project variables via the web interface
- Remove a project
- Project templates
- Workspace member feautures:
- Invite new members
- Resend an invitation
- Member profile including profile picture
- Remove members
- Forgot my password page
- Monitoring the platform using Sentry
- Support by chat
- Support for Jupyter Notebook
With this release it is possible to:
- Add and delete variables using the web interface
- Remove projects from your workspace
- Sign up for a new account on AskAnna
- Fully manage the members on a workspace
- Create a project using a Cookiecutter project template (check this demo project)
- Click on the support button and chat with the AskAnna team (you can ask us anything ;)
Also, we made Askanna safer by introducing masked variables. You can set a variable to masked, resulting in not exposing the value in the web interface and logs.
And, we improved the performance of AskAnna and make displaying information in the web interface look better. Besides that, this will make loading content in AskAnna faster. It should also improve the experience of reviewing runs in the web interface.
We also released a new version of the AskAnna Python project that contains the Python SDK features to interact with the AskAnna platform.
v0.2 - 5 June 2020
With this release we made it possible for a user to run jobs in AskAnna, without the support of the AskAnna team. We introduced the following:
- Mail system
- Project variables
- Code history with an optional description
- Link code version to run
- Use SUUID (short-uuid) for external communication i.s.o longer UUID
- Run objects:
- Payload (JSON input for a run)
- Run status
- Run log
With this release it is possible to:
- Add JSON payload as input for a run
- Run a job and use the web interface to view the information about the run
- Save & retrieve a result of a run
- Save & retrieve the artifact of a run
- Request a new password
Also we made improvements regarding security and how we run jobs in AskAnna.
v0.1 - 2 March 2020
In the first version we released the base for AskAnna. We built the core of AskAnna and introduced the following concepts:
- AskAnna API
- AskAnna Web interface
- AskAnna CLI
- Code package
- Run a job
With this release it is possible to:
- Push code via the CLI
- Configure jobs in
- Start a run via the API